Population growth and sustainable food production are among the many issues our world and particularly fruit and vegetable growers face.
And a new challenge, global warming, adds to their already heavy burden. One of its consequences is to stimulate the activity of parasitic insects that often have more than one reproductive cycle during a growing season. Not to mention the appearance of new parasites from other continents.
As regulators around the world have either withdrawn or banned many chemical pesticides that are harmful to our environment, the fight against crop pests must now take a new course. The most promising remains the organic or biological sector, in other words the increased use of bacteria, fungi or viruses.
BioTEPP, is an innovative biotech company that over the years has acquired a solid expertise in the field of viral bio-pesticides. It already produces and markets VIROSOFTTM CP4 , a biopesticide known and recognized worldwide for its effectiveness against the larva of the codling moth, also known as the apple worm, while being harmless to humans and beneficial insects, like those that pollinate.
Sold in Canada and in the United States, VIROSOFTTM CP4 is largely used in apple orchards on the West Coast, particularly in the states of Washington and Oregon, where more than 50 percent of American apples are produced.
In 2015, BioTEPP put forward a bold growth plan involving the addition of technical and scientific staff as well as the collaboration of researchers from government, paragovernmental or universities.
Today, its efforts have paid off. For example:
- In 2018, the sales volume of VIROSOFTTM CP4 , increased five-fold from 2014. Biotepp plans an increase of the production capacity to support demand in US and abroad.
- A new insect expertise laboratory opened in Lévis (Quebec).
- Also in 2018, it started developing a new viral biopesticide to control the cabbage looper. A high growth potential market, as this insect causes significant damage to cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli crops in all regions of the world where the climatic conditions are temperate.
In the coming years, BioTEPP intends to accelerate its research activities and become a leading player in the global race to develop the many biopesticides just waiting to be discovered. In other words, we will be harnessing nature for sustainable agriculture.
Contributing to the production of healthy food by developing and marketing biobased solutions to control crop yield reducing parasites.
An innovative biotech company, creator of sustainable solutions and respectful of the environment, BioTEPP helps provide people around the world with a better, safer and healthier life.
- Comply with the more stringent regulations.
- Loyal and faithful to our clients and stakeholders.
- Care about the health of others.
- Ensure a healthy balance between our short-term results and our long-term requirements
- Respect for people
- Treat our employees fairly and with respect.
- Be accountable for actions and results as well as successes and failures.
- Manage conflicts constructively.
- Being able to adapt to changes and future trends.
- Challenge the status quo.
- Think and act with customers in mind.
- Focus on activities that create value.
- Do things simply and effectively.
- Manage resources smartly.